Like all newspapers, the Troy Lincoln County Herald was always searching for subscribers. As it commenced its second volume on December 28, 1866, it emphasized that it was only “$1.50 in advance for a whole year—just 12 ½ cents a month.”
Printing a similar appeal on November 24, 1870, the Herald reminded readers that its “course has been an independent one, the Organ of no Ring or Clique, but an uncompromising advocate of the cause of the DISFRANCHISED” and that it would continue to “keep its readers posted in all matters of interest, State and County, but more particularly the County.”
On June 18, 1873, the newspaper changed names, becoming the Troy Herald.
Search the Troy Herald on Chronicling America.