The Banner of Liberty (1873-1874) was proud of being a local journal and declared that it would represent “the best interests of South Central Missouri, and particularly of Maries county; advocating the interests of labor in the fields, the mines and the workshop.” Sold in 1874, the paper became the Vienna Courier. Despite the change in name, it promised to continue its role as “a lively, fresh, newsy, local paper” and uphold the “same fearlessness in advocating the right, and denouncing the wrong."
Search by Date
Enter in YYYY-MM or YYYY-MM-DD format
Browse the Collection